Saturday, February 23, 2013

The most relaxing and refreshing weekend.


I recently participated in a weekend Meditation retreat at Fairfield House.
The house is situated in Williton, near Minehead, and a nice drive through country roads to get there (A39). As the evening was drawing in, it was dark, so I wish I'd have left earlier, as it's a bit daunting going somewhere new, in the dark! I made sure I left early enough to appreciate the scenery on the way home!

Upon arrival I was shown my room, a very comfortable, clean room, over looking the back of the house.
there was an introduction, followed by supper. the house is vegetarian, but the host, Shruti, provided delicious vegan food for me. Throughout the weekend we were provided with wholesome tasty food, that was very nutritious and satisfying.

The weekend was full of meditation techniques and practices that were both invigorating, and relaxing. There was so much more to meditation,  than I could ever have imagined. I particularly enjoyed the gibberish technique, the laughter therapy and the free form dancing.
There is a hot tub in the garden, and a sauna in the house, which was a welcome treat on Saturday night.
The meditation room was delightful. A large room, tastefully furnished/decorated, and very soulful, for a truly     amazing weekend. As the weekend progressed, I could feel the stress and tension, draining away from me. I could not have chosen a better venue or host to help me regain a sense of 'self'. Shruti was a welcoming host, and very encouraging to the participants on the retreat. I felt I had been in the company of someone who has an amazing spirit, something that doesn't happen very often.
There were tears, there was laughter, there were chants and silence. There was everything I could have wished for on my perfect weekend retreat. Since returning, I have joined 5rhythyms dancing, taken a yoga course, and have enrolled in a stress management course, all thanks to the wonderful experience I had at this amazing place, which not only de-stressed me, but gave me enthusiasm to help myself to relax and let go of stress. I would highly recommend it to anyone and everyone.

No comments: